ONLINE BOOKING SYSTEM OPEN FROM THURSDAY 27TH FEB AT 4PM UNTIL WEDNESDAY 4TH MARCH AT 10AM
The S2 Parents’ evening is in Harlaw Academy on Thursday 5th March. Parents and guardians can
meet their child’s subject teachers to discuss their progress. Our Guidance Teachers
will be available to discuss overall progress in S2 and Mr Blance our S2 Year
Head will also be there. You can also speak with Mr Mitchell our Head of Learning Support if you feel your child needs additional support with their learning. Mr Mitchell will be available without appointment in the Hall until 5.15pm.
Harlaw Academy uses an online booking system for parents through our Groupcall Messenger
system. This allows you to book appointments at times that suits your availability.
In order to login you will need the following information:-
The Parent’s title and Parent’s surname must match the information we hold in our
system for your child’s main contact and we will send you a Groupcall message to let
you know the Parent’s title and Parent’s Surname to use when logging in.
On the evening we ask that your child attends with you to take part in the conversations with
their teachers. We also ask that you bring your list of appointments with you.
Please note that there is no parking in the school grounds and you are asked to use on
street parking available in the surrounding area.
Instructions for Online booking
1. Navigate to the Parents’ Evening Booking System here http://www.parentsbooking.
2. Use your personal information to log in. You must use the information which we
have on our system for your child’s main contact or you will not be able to log in.
This information will be sent to you via Groupcall
3. Log in by selecting which child you want to make bookings for first. If you have more
than one child who requires bookings, you can switch between them once you are
4. Once logged in, decide whether you need to make bookings individually, or using
our Automated Booking Wizard. We recommend you use the Automated
5. Once you have selected your preferred booking method and once in the correct
parents’ evening, follow the relevant instructions from below:
Automated Booking Wizard
1. Select the teacher(s) you wish to book. You can make appointments with up to 10
2. If you have a second child to make bookings for then select their tab and repeat the
teacher selecting process
3. Proceed to the bottom of the page and specify your personal availability, then press
Make My Bookings For Me
If the wizard replies that bookings are not feasible, you have not left enough time and need
to reduce the number of teachers or increase the amount of time you’re available.
1. Now see a list of your booking suggestions.
2. Press Confirm to confirm these appointments as your bookings
3. Press Print or E-Mail to initiate your confirmation.
1. Scroll down until you see the booking table. Above it are the departments and
teachers which are available to you.
2. Select the department, then teacher, and click on an available time to make a
booking. When you selected a time, you’re able to add any issues or comments for
the teacher to take note of before the appointment.
3. Repeat this process, making bookings for all of the teachers you need to.
4. If you need to cancel or rearrange an appointment, click on the correct department
and teacher, then click on the green appointment to change it.
5. If you need to make bookings for another child, scroll to the top of the page. In the
top left corner you should see a ‘Make a Booking for Another Child’ icon. Click this.
If there is no icon, the software does not recognise that you have multiple children.
This just means that you’ll need to log out and log back in again using the other
6. Once you have made all of your bookings, click on either E-Mail or Print my
Appointments. Appointments are saved when they are made, so you don’t have to
e-mail or print to ‘save’ them, but doing so will provide a confirmation with further
information, possibly including rooms and instructions from the school.