As we head towards the October break I want to use this blog to update parents and the wider community about several staff changes taking place:
- Sophia Watts (Social Subjects) left us on Thursday for a permanent post at Montrose Academy
- Ashleigh Wilson (Social Subjects) returns from maternity leave this week
- Fiona Lawrence (DHT) moves to a 23 month secondment on 28th October to take up a post of National Development Officer working for the Scottish Government
- Angela Mclellan will increase her time from 0.5 Acting DHT to full time DHT and Dan Price Davies will pick up the other 0.5 DHT both from 28th October
- Interviews for a 0.5 Acting PT Guidance post for Holburn House will take place on Tuesday and I will groupcall Holburn families once we have made an appointment
- Chris Duncan, PT Guidance for Albyn House, will start a new job as PT Guidance at Banchory Academy on 28th October
- Erin Kermath will pick up the role of Acting PT Guidance for Albyn House whilst we advertise and recruit to the role on a permanent basis
I am very pleased for those moving on to new roles, it is a reflection of the quality of work they have done here at Harlaw and of our ability to develop people to a stage where they can take on new challenges. It is also a reflection of our ability to grow and promote our own talent and I have every confidence that those filling new roles in the school will take fresh perspectives, talent and enthusiasm into those roles. I thank all those named above for their contribution to Harlaw Academy and I wish them all well in their new roles either here at the school or in their new roles.
In addition to posting this information on the website we will put it out by groupcall to all families. It is important that we keep parents informed of changes as this is part of what it means to engage with families. At times families can be left feeling they hear things such as this second hand or not at all and I am keen to reach out so you feel part of your school, informed about what is happening, involved in school improvements and engaged in helping achieve the best for all our young people.